Friday, June 21, 2013

CALIFORNIA HOMES

Having just returned from LA last week from our project in Hancock Park, which in my opinion is one of THE most beautiful and venerable neighborhoods in all of Los Angeles, I just want to move West! Southern California is idyllic- case in point- the whole week I was there it was a high of 71 everyday with NO humidity! Heaven indeed!

Which brings me to this particular blog- Studio William Hefner's new book California Homes, just out from Rizzoli, sums up all the many things good about their architecture and interiors. Airy, light-filled spaces always casual, always accommodating and perpetually relaxed in that quintessential Southern California way. William's own kitchen in their Hancock Park home is so very fresh and inviting as are so many other images in this beautiful book. The work portrayed is diverse yet classic in its scale and simplicity- bravo William- job well done!

















1 comment:

  1. Beth,
    Hancock Park may be my favorite neighborhood anywhere. I already have this book. It sure makes me want to move back there.
    Phillip

    ReplyDelete